Sunday 27 March 2011

Tell me your thoughts on Beauty Make Over's..

Did u know I am a qualified Make-up Artist other than a Beautician & a Fashion Designer? Yes, I hold 3 qualifications. These are all my love & passion other than my beautiful family.


After graduating from my Make-up course, I worked with a Makeover Studio for 12 months to gain as much experience as I could. I needed d knowledge & d limelight of working with a photographer. I need to learn d art, technique & magic of Make-up that could actually changed 'One's' look after d entire process behind d photography scene. Thinking back, I actually took d right step to work in a Makeover Studio. Not only concentrating on 'One's face, I however did d 'Styling' & 'Choreographed' d photoshoot. I was basically running d entire show other then working closely with d photographer. Hey, I come in a package! Oh, not forgetting..I do hair too.


After sometime, I ventured out on my own. I printed my very own namecards too! Wow! It feels great giving people my very own namecard! I could still remember d card I printed was in lilac tone & it says - "Professional Make-up Artist" - OOOOoolala!! Isn't it glamourous?
Yes, as a free lance Make-up Artist, I have done d whole load of 'Make-up'! I was working closely with Fashion Magazines, Fashion Shows, Advertising, Events, Bridals & consultations with companies. I have worked closely with our local Top Models & Top Celebrities..(names are not mentioned) No free publicity or comission here ;p LOL!
I even "Groom" ordinary ladies to be d next 'Glamourous' woman in town! Wink* Hey, again...I come in a package!


Here I am sharing & giving U some twist on Make-up that never goes out of date. Oh Yes baby! Make-up are like Fashion! They come & go!
  • U dont have to own High Fashion Make-up Brands to enchance your look. Any brand of 'Make-up' works wonders*
  • If U cannot afford sable brushes, do opt for d cheaper ones. All U need is just "5" Make-up Brushes. They are "Powder Brush", "Eye Brow Brush", "Blusher Brush", "Fluffy Eyeshadow Brush" & "Lip Brush".
  • Always apply sunscreen with high UV's & moisturiser as a base. Make-up base is not a compulsory*
  • Natural light is important such as Sun light & fluorescent lighting. Never apply Make-up under Orangey light.

It is however important that U find d right Foundation shade. Just test it between your cheekbones & jawline only.
Here are some tips on Daily - 'Simple, Easiest, Fastest' Make-up just within "10 Minutes"! Do apply your base, Foundation & Loose Powder 1st. Never skipped this major steps. U would'nt want to look blotchy or have skin discolourations, would U?


To achieve a Natural Look -
  • Draw your Brows.
  • Go Gold on d eyes. People tend to think, What?! Gold???Isn't it too strong? Gold tends to open up your eyes. It does enchance your eyes. Apply 1 or 2 layers. U do not need a highlighter.
  • Curl your lashes, Mascara just d top lashes.
  • Blusher
  • Pinkish or Peachy Lip Gloss
To achieve a "Do take ME seriously" Look -
  • Draw your Brows
  • 2 Eyeshadow shades. (Your Pick so long it falls on d warm shades) I will go for Medium Brown & Off White shade. Apply d darker shade at d entire eye socket area. Then apply d lighter shade just below your eye brow to work has a highlighter.
  • Eye Liner, go for deep brown or black. Do line d upper eye lid. Not compulsory for d bottom liner.
  • Mascara
  • Blusher
  • Glossy Lipstick. Do not attempt d pure matte lips, unless U really wanna draw attention. LOL!
To achieve d "Sultry Hot Mama" Look -
Oh, this is my favourite! U may take longer then 10mins if U are not used to applying heavy Make-up. Nevertheless, practise makes wonders*
  • Drow your Brows.
  • 2 Eyeshadow shades. (Go for Vampish shades) My personal favourite - Navy Blue & silver white shades. Apply d darker shade on d entire eye socket area, apply a fine thin line on your bottom lashes. Then apply d lightest shade below your eye brows as a highlighter.
  • Line your eyes. My pick would be deep green or a navy blue eye liner. Line d entire eyelid & bottom lashes. U may use a cotton bud to smudge d bottom eye lashes for a smoky effect.
  • Fake Lashes/Falsies a MUST for a dramatic LOOK. Its to die for :D
  • Blusher
  • Hint of Lip Gloss makes wonders* If U want to draw attention, do go for a deep magenta glossy lipstick.

Have U decided which look suits U best? Hehehe...Oh, Do "NOT" apply Make-up in d car! Please, always make time for yourself at home before U head out for any event or work. If U are one of them, have U actually realise that Your 'Face' is pretty 'Imbalanced'? Look closer..;p To be honest, I have spotted many .. many .. *Slap Slap*
Anyway, I am a person who believes strongly on Make-up. Without them, we are just too plain! Could U imagine yourself attending a Job Interview with just plain face & a lipstick?? I am sorry, U would look like a total slop! U may have spoken well with all d charisma but have U checked if U have d 'front desk' look?
Did U know 'Make-up' does play an Important role in our life? Check with your bosses, hubby or your colleagues. Thus, does your man prefers U to look like U just woke up from "Bed Look" to go dating with him? If U are one of them, I strongly advice U to change. Do U noticed your man is checking out d hottest babes in d malls? Your dressing counts, my dearest* Please take d effort to look 'Pretty' & not 'Sloppy'. Time management is the KEY. Not because U have children, your days are over. Don't let that Fall on U.
Never ever leave your Make-up back home while away on a Holiday. U do still want to look your best in certain photos don't U?

So to all my beautiful ladies out there...Yes U & everyone of U are "Beautiful" do take my advice & dress appropriately to make "Oneself" d Best.

Lastly, I did my own "Hair & Make-up" on my Wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment