Wednesday 30 March 2011

Living in Singapore..

I bet my heading of d title would have 'con' most of you would'nt it? LOL!


We have been travelling to Singapore, 'Singapura' numerous times but d last family trip was a great 6-day holiday getaway!
Singapore Airport

Oh well, hubby was at work daily..so its just Me & me Babies! Thank god for "Blessed" friends in Singapore! U Rock ladies! U know who U are...! We had so much fun together! Especially our Ladies Night* Oh, our kids too!

This trip was slightly 'Twisted' but was a great holiday for Me & me Babies..most importantly d kids get to be with their beloved superbly BZ Papa. Yes...he's office is Singapore based.

We were putting up at 'Royal Hotel' which is located in Newton Road. Hubby decided on d hotel beacause his office was just a flash away. Only 10 minutes walk without taking MRT. How convenient! Plus, there are 2 shopping malls (Novena & United Square) nearby which take another 10 minutes walk. But with my lil angels....it all adds up to roughly 20 minutes walk. *WinK* Needless to say, Newton Road & its surroundings are like "Bangsar" back home.

Royal Hotel
Novena Shopping Mall

Throughout our stay, we quite like d hotel other than having loads of Jam Pack Tourists! Oh, somehow d hotel is however 'still' stuck back in time....1970's?1980's? KTV lounge with all d plastered posters & d other half of d lobby was pretty OK.. Oh well, nothing compared to Swissotel City Hall! That's 1st class! Anyway, could U imagine, d very 1st day of our stay...my hubby had to bring his breakfast tray up to our room? D cafeteria was flooded with tourists!! Help!! Luckily it only happened on d very 1st day. Geeesh! Never had such experience! But we had a good stay, no doubt! Staff were pretty friendly but its a jam packed hotel.

Hmmmmm...how did WE spend our entire stay in Singapore? Here it goes ......

Mini MerLion

Check Out Merlion's Eyes! Roaring Green!
Singapore Flyer!

We're d TOP of d WORLD!

D very 1st night, we adjourned to Merlion Park in Marina Bay. Oh, d ambience is just "Priceless" feel of d wind, lights & people around us are unforgetable.
However, we didn't get to see d Huge Merlion because it was under construction. We managed to capture some shots with d Baby Merlion instead! Hahhaha!! Guess it is only 5ft tall? Did u know there are 5 Merlion's in Singapore itself? Yes, I googled it.

Next stop, Singapore Flyer! My kids will say - Merry Go round - Mommy! Papa! I want to go to d Merry Go Round! Here we are!! It is actually our 2nd time experiencing d Singapore Flyer. Hmmmm...it is kind of boring after a while. Nevertheless, Kids had a blast overlooking d Indonesia & Johor straits. We were at d top of d world!

Should we or should we not? Nope....I didn't proceed with my plan A. Was thinking of taking my kids to see 'Pink Dolphins' in Sentosa Island. My hubby was busy working so I didn't dare to take my chances. Many questions were unanswered. Anyway, we have actually been there last year but we missed d 'Dolphins'.
Anyhow, no hurry, we shall wait for d right suitable time.

Just d 3 of us...

Kids & I have our breakie in d hotel, same old food & nothing new. Kids ll hv their cereal, toasted bread & fruits! I didn't eat much but what I really needed was my COFFEE! Im a coffee lover, apart from my Hubby. Haha! *Wink*

Breakfast time!
Kids snack time! Spot Cotton On???

After Breakie, it is already mid morning. We will then start our "Slow, memorable" walk to d nearest mall which is called Novena. Novena reminds me of 'Atria & Bangsar Mall'. Nothing much to offer, but there are 2 Gorgeous brands that I really like. "COTTON ON" & "CHARLES n KEITH"! Aaaahhh...despite Cotton On having a lil cheap sale, no doubt their clothes, shoes are way cheaper than back home! I am sure U have guessed right!! Yes, I shopped but not till I drop!! LOL!


Next stop, Charles & Keith.......Blink* Wink* heaven, paradise Island :D I love their so called 'designer' handbags & shoes.......so up to date! Chic, stylish, GLAM! I didn't buy any shoes frm C&K cos I think they are too pretty for my cute lil' feet! LOL! Naaaa, I am a fulltime home maker, devoted wifey & a mother.....so I am all set for my 3 pairs of comfy shoes back home* I bet most of U, Jaw dropped?? Hence, I bought bags!!I adore, I love, I like....My favourite qoute* How many? Let's play a guessing game!
Yes, I do still use my old time Fav' Coach but women being women..bag fetish! ;p


Kids & I will have a nice cheap lunch at d food court. We like d Japanese prawn & chicken set, it was on promotion SGD5. Oh well, just eat...do not think about conversion! If not, tummy upset??Hehehe..
Mmmmmm...YUmmy!

After our nice meal, we will then head back to d hotel ...another slow 'brisk' walk. By the way, it is so much safer than back home! Would U even step out of your house & walk to d nearest mall feeling secure & not needing to 'look left, look right, look back' Is anyone following us? Oh, pepper spray all prepared too? Sigh...My biggest Wish * Safety Please* Even d cabbies are safe. Back home? Once we get in d cab, call our family to notify d cab's number or be extra alert! Seriously, we don't have that in "US" in Singapore.


Ok, Nap time! Kids...hurry! Sleep! If not, U wont be able to meet your friends tonight. Basically our daily routine was d same...I was'nt too adventurous this trip. I stayed close by to our hotel, didn't even step a leg to Orchard Road. Hey, I was with my 2 angels...Cannot have 1 missing in action aye? Or 1 stuck in d MRT? Oh no no...dont even want to think about it! Gives me goose bumps!


Yay! Meeting with my friends! I basically met my good friends during lunch & dinner daily. My bridesmaid & ex colleague I have known for more then 10 years are living her life to d fullest in Singapore. Congratulations my dear! Wedding bells!...hence, So much joy & memories to cherish with my girlfriends. I am indeed blessed to have met such great ladies! U know who U are :D chuckles!
One of my girlfriend even drove me around town...that was so thoughtful of her. Her lil angel gets on really well with my angels. So much laughter together. She has a helpful maid that takes care of d kids when 'both' mommies are shopping. I miss those days!


United Mall is a well known Family mall. Mostly children's clothings & food outlets. There are also alot of little amusement rides for d kids. What I really like is d Play - Dance Mat with Disco lights! Kids will go all crazy for it!
Do the Beat kids!
Hello Thomas d Train!

My 2nd love, Cotton On Kids. I bought heaps of clothes! Tutu's are too cute to missed! Cheap shirts & pants are up for grabs! SGD10-15?? Why not? Hey, after conversion it is still way cheaper. As mentioned in my past Blogs, Shopping for my babies is my favourite 'past-time'. Have you heard of FOX, Ginger Snaps & Bloom B? Such Beautiful clothes! I bought 2 beautiful 'Tutu' like hair bands from FOX for my princess. Ginger Snaps are a little bit pricey so I was being good....nothing purchased;p Bloom B? Not this time around. My pocket has shrunk & d charcoal smell is pretty strong across d south china sea! LOL!
Part of d shopping for my Kids.


We practically felt so homey staying in Royal Hotel. D cleaners were pretty caring & played with my kids too! Such warm people.


I managed to squeeze in some time to meet with my cousin brother. He is a soon-to-be Daddy! Congrats cous, if u are reading.


SAD...SAD...We're finally leaving :( After spending 6 days in Singapore, it has become part of us like a 2nd home! Hubby, any chance of us living there? Hehehe....
Kids! write a note & put it in d wish jar!
I thought I said Wish Jar?! Not a Wishing BALL??!

1 comment: