Tuesday 24 May 2011

To Cook or Not to Cook?

Have you ever felt guilty or have an uneasy feeling if you do not cook for your family just for 1-2 days? I do! Sigh......I have been cooking for sometime now.  However, on certain days of d week & on weekends, I do not cook. Well, on weekdays, I usually cook twice a day for my family especially my kids. Can you imagine, d hours I spend in d kitchen? Not only do I cook, I bake & I also do washing up too! Yeah, I do not have a live-in maid. Bad experience..For those who have maids, thank your lucky stars! Thus, Elaine's Kitchen has become my 2nd room...LOL!

Nevertheless, for some reason, I still question myself whenever I am not cooking. It is just like - If you skipped a day on Gym, your back hurts. This is how I feel! Cooking has become part of me, my obligation to my family. I need to work with d wok!

When my Girl has extra activities in the evenings we tend to dine out.  But I will always prepare d simplest food (either porridge or noodles) to fill her tummy. Hmmmm, I do not classify this as cooking*
As for Saturdays, Yes! I declare a day off! So I do not feel much guilt about it! Hehe

How about you? Do you want to share some thoughts?


                                                             Me Cooking aka Aunty ??  


 Roast Honey Herbs Chicken, Potatos & Assorted Veggies


Cod Fish in Garlic Mushroom Sauce with Asparagus, Potatos & Cherry Tomatos
 
 
 Chicken Mushroom Sausage Rice

 
Grilled Chicken with Assorted Veggies
 

Noodles with Mushrooms, eggs, carrots, chicken & Broccolis

 
Kids Meal - Bacon Teriyaki with Broccolis, Eggs with Cherry Tomatos


2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Your family is very lucky to have you as their cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed. U're my mummy idol :)

    ReplyDelete