Thursday 21 July 2011

Banana Cake

Hello .. Banana Cake my old time favourite! I tend to bake Banana Cakes very often. It's moist & most importantly, my kids enjoy it d most! Especially my girl, she will pack it for school.
Now, 1st & foremost important lesson is - D perfect banana for d cake. It has to be 'Pisang Mas'. I have tried baking with other types of bananas but it did'nt turn out to be very tasty. Please choose very ripe 'Pisang Mas' & that's d key! No banana essence added.


* 150 gm Castor Sugar - I minus d sugar to 130 gm. If you like it sweet, stick to 150 gm.
* 150 gm Butter
* 150 gm Self Rising Flour
* 3 Eggs
* 1 cup Ripe Bananas
* 1 teaspoon Soda Bicarbonate
* Walnuts for d surface - Optional -

U need to beat d Butter & Sugar until Fluffy.
Pour Eggs, 1 at a time & Mix well.
Gradually, add d Flour & Soda Bicarbonate & Mix well until d batter is ready to enter d oven.
Lastly, add Banana's. Lightly stir with a stirer so that it is well mixed.
Set in d oven for 40 minutes.

Note - Always pre-heat your Oven way before baking.

1 comment: