Sunday 10 April 2011

Car Enthusiast


My Hubby working late. Think - WIN! -

My hubby has a strong passion for cars, tools, torch lights and whatever computer gadgets around d world. Oh my, I married some geek?? Hehe...;p Hence, he has gone through many so-called "driver's courses" during his late teens..I mean his very "OWN" personal course:D Imagine, him wearing full gear in a track car doing 10 zillion laps?:p Hehehe..Hubby sure is very enthusiastic about cars & modifications.

Hubby has driven several track cars such as Satria GTI, Putra, Honda DC5 & his very own modificated 'LiL MONSTER' Wira 1.8DOHC. ARRRGGGHH! To be frank, I hated that car! It is extremely LOUD & u can hear him coming in his MONSTER, miles away! Even in Cameron Highlands years back he purposely did a run around the golf course outer ring road and disturbed the peace! Geeesh! Thank God d days are over! Phewww ;p For those who were'nt aware, we have been together for 14 years. Yes, during our courting days, I had been in his MONSTER & track car 'Satria' for a spin in Sepang track. I kept silent d entire ride.....WHY? It was SUPER FAST!! Like a FLASH OF LIGHTHING!! It was an exciting experience to remember but I would'nt want to go for another ride now, heart attack! Thinking back, pretty gutsy huh? Yet, MONSTER is still alive, loads of botox & anti-ageing needed! Else, off d MONSTER goes...;p Fans, do pay MONSTER a visit whenever you can..*WinK*

 The very 1st time I took a close look at d track cars, I went waaa! So this is how it looks like. It is well equipped with roll cage, racing seat belts, racing seats, no carpets, etc...without back seats so d car could apparently Fly furiously. Don't be surprised, there are many young, chic talented lady drivers out there, yo! WOOT!

Hubs & his partner have also joined d competition called MME (Merdeka Millenium Endurance Race) which is held yearly during Merdeka period. Thus, Hubs will be in his busiest moments preparing and managing d track cars & drivers. They will also get international drivers from various countries to drive d track cars. My Hubs responsibility would be 'Team Strategist'. He checks & calculate each of d drivers' time on d track, plans the car pitting times, keep tabs on the closest competing car and decides on when to change to wet tyres. However, it is not a simple job..it requires good planning & logistics to be one. Proud to say, his team has won several TOP 3 prizes throughout d races! Applause! Applause! Great team work! I was present at one of d races & had also experienced d entire celebration & ended off with fireworks. It was great! But definitely, not my cup of tea...;p But when he speaks, I listen. I am his biggest FAN! Hehehhehe...LOL!
One of d awards

Track Cars! Hubs team!

Giggles...Spot my Hubby?

Serious Meeting yo! Think -WIN!-

Yeah! 1st & 3rd placing! Champions!


Of of d many many trophys

Looking at our son now, he seems to have d same interest. He is a natural when it comes to cars! He tends to turn over d entire toy car to 'play pretend' fix! He has a strong liking for tools too! He now owns 2 full sets of so-called 'Handy Manny' tools. Each time he gets his hands on them........things can be destroyed but he manages to get them fixed! Yay, that's my boy! During bedtime, he needs his favourite lil tiny toy car. It is a limited edition Initial D Collection Car & it comes in 6 different cars which are featured in the cartoon/movie.

Initial D

                                                         Son's Bike


 D owner was his papa & now, lil boy* has inherited d collection. He enjoys going to computer, hardware & car workshops with his Papa* Alrighty, 1st step - go kart racing! U go BOY! U have all my support & love.......oh & guidance from Papa;p

Check it out..
Aint he following papa's foot steps??:D

3 comments:

  1. ahhh....your hubs is just like mine who is a car enthusiast. my hubby's team is in the MME race every year. They race in Toyota Alteeza :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Wow! My hubs team too! Are u there too? Not sure if they r entering this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I don't go cos it's too noisy and they spend like 12 hours at the track :(

    ReplyDelete