Tuesday 21 June 2011

Chef for d Nite!

My mom's Birthday is just around d corner. Me being myself as usual, will get all excited even though it is not my birthday. Usually I am d person who plans d family birthday dinners & gifts. We would dine in some fancy restaurant, order a few dishes here & there & celebrate d nite with a cake!...But....this time around, I thought...........I should take charge of being d 'Chef'! I did!

My menu for d nite was pretty simple ~

Appetizers

Pasta in Extra Olive Oil, Italian Garnishing, Prawns, Olives, Broccolis, Cherry Tomatos, Garlic, Bacon & Bbq Pork Sausages.
Sweet Corn
Fried Wonton

Main Dish

American Fish & Chips with Crew Cut French Fries

Dessert

Tiramisu Birthday Cake
Black Coffee

~  Red Wine to be SERVED throughout d nite ~

I started working in Elaine's Kitchen at 1pm all d way to 4pm. I rested & freshened up for a good 1.5 hours. I then continued in Elaine's Kitchen at 5.30pm to 6.45pm. It would be way faster if I had a helper or a maid to do d washing up & preparation. I chose to handle it all by myself. My hub's was babysitting d 2 'precious' upstairs as I did not want any disturbance.
Once my family arrived, they were all seated at d dining hall & appetizers were served with a glass of red wine. I then headed back to Elaine's Kitchen to fry d main dish which were 'Fishes'! I had already prepared d crew cut fries earlier. Once done, I finally joined my family for a nice dinner.

Dinner was done! Please, leave d washing of dishes & cleaning up to ME. Yes, stacks & stacks of plates & cutlery with no hassle. My family was enjoying their time playing & spending quality time in my family hall.
I waited until everyone's tummy had some space for my Yummylicious TiraMisu!

Now, this was d time everyone was waiting for! Elaine's Yummylicious TiraMisu with no alcohol. I didn't add alcohol as my kids are a big fan of desserts.

Happy 68th Birthday Mommy!

No doubt, I must say.........Elaine's Tiramisu Is Delicious! Oh boy, I am proud of myself that all my effort & hard work working in Elaine's Kitchen had ended with a HUGE SMILE. I brought it to sleep. WinK*

Enjoy viewing d photos.
 Italian Pasta



 Wontons, Sweet corns



 Main Dish - American Fish & Chips -



 Presenting .. Chef for d Nite! Me! D Big Mama in d hse !



                                My very Own TIRAMISU. Check out d Chocolate shavings! Yum!



Photos taken by my hub's

No comments:

Post a Comment