Wednesday 2 November 2011

Conquer Her Fears

I have been facing this problem ever since my lil Girl started watching Fairy Tales. At d very beginning, I thought she could be 'way too young' & her 'level of understanding' is negative. From what I could remember, I never actually did 'scare' her with any scary 'Fairy Tales'.
Thinking back......I remembered - possibly introducing her to the 1st Barbie Fairy Tales. Half way watching, she started crying & dislike the 'Evil Queen'. I tried to calm her down by telling her it was just a cartoon etc. I tried again d next day......sure enough she wept out loud! Hmmmmmmm.......I stopped.

After some time, I started introducing her 'Cinderella', ahhhhhh.......my Favourite Fairy Tale ever! Caught me by surprise, she liked it! She even sat through d 'Wicked Stepmother' part! I thought she would be afraid & would ask me to turn off d TV. She watched again, again & again......as I did when I was way younger!
From then on, I thought she would have toughened up & I introduced her to 'Snow White, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Belle & other Barbie Fairy Tales. Outcome? Nope, it did'nt work! I made sure I sat down with her to watch d entire Fairy Tale, explaining to her from A-Z. There she goes, started crying & asking me to switch it off. She could not stand d sight of d 'Evil Queen, Witches & Upsetting scenes.' 

To be frank, until today she is still d same 'old' baby as how it all started.
Any advice on 'How to over come her fears'? Do's & Don'ts?
I personally think it is going to be tough for her as she grows a lil older.

No comments:

Post a Comment